Thursday, November 19, 2009

An Unfinished Poem!

This is a poem I plan to spend quite a bit of time working on. I want it to be a declaration of sorts, a modern epic poem in the vein of "Song of Myself" or "The Hollow Men". But, I appreciate any and all criticism.

‘Untitled 6’

I am the modern gentleman!
A clever man
A silvery man
A walk talk balking man

The assured man
The versed man
When the Canon is burned man
It’s easy to be the best amongst my fellow man
I’ll catch you on the sly, man
And rob you for all you’re worth

But I ain’t no Picasso
In an era where the Canvas is king
(Or queen, depending on your preference)
No, consider (me) at once the ladykiller
Migrating from romance in flow
But consider me a separate Entity

So give me a feather of Vigor
And (Like an ego trip at the edge of Hell)
I will be All-Body
All-Mind
All-Soul

I am the man who
When faced with the cry
“Meaningless! Everything is meaningless!”
By the heretics
(Those dog-eared, French-borne heretics)
I reply
“Yes, I agree.
But
We needn’t make a mockery of things.”
To which they reply
“Who made you think that our goal?”
The response:
“You’re adherents in name”
(Not spirit)

I will be my conception
Of the Grand Ol’ Trinity
And I will be my conception
Of all that a man should be

1 comment:

  1. i've come up with a great melody for this to be a great funk song, let's talk later.

    ReplyDelete