Tuesday, November 24, 2009

To That Dear Girl Who Doth Offend Me So

This is a poem I wrote because of a young lady who I find quite infuriating. I've nothing against her personally; I just am not happy to have to see her on a mostly daily basis.


The great, swelling brute
(HammerIng down the necks
of every two-bIt BeatnIk
What am i supposed to do
To overturn the judgements of
Two-Three hundred years
In a market economy)

The cough cough cough
Clever! You're Clever!
You pickled whore of babilon
Like you know a thing
Nope, you are an ignoramus
The old sort
No style-
-God knows no substance!-
Just a body, squandered,
for destruction
(If it isn't the grain alcohol, it'll be the gossip rags)

In a life too ordinary to be noteworthy

I apologize,
That was rude. You frustrate me.
No no! you offend me.
Or my sensibilities
at least

Lacking restraint, we can find solace in our pleasures

No comments:

Post a Comment