Sunday, January 3, 2010

Character Sketch #2

Welcome all! I am the Mesmerist!
Here! Now! I will show you the wonders of the
Ethereal!

What is a man?
Is he, as some suggest, a machine?
A roughly-carved cog that fits better into its place with time?

What is a man?
Is he a boundless energy?
In that mortal vessel, is the breath of God Himself stirring?

What is a man?
Is he a wet a naked existence saddled with the burden of essence?
Born in a dark world that cares not, is he to craft himself?

I know.

I know exactly the answer. It's something far
Far odder
More human
More divine
Than any of these would suppose man to be

But, you must consider this:
Do you want to know?
How much of your life is a parading buffoon in a circus of idiots?
Are you ready?
Ready to have the veil of unconscious torn?
No, I do not take you out of the world
I throw you into it.

Ready? Good. Let's begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment